Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I was so much older then, Im younger then that now.

"I was so much older then, im younger then that now."
Bob Dylan

This song skimmed its way into my work playlist this morning. I was intrigued, looking up the lyrics. They are prolific, painting a picture. He sings it as if he is crying out, maybe to the masses, maybe to just me. Its a meandering thought of how we (the youth) know and have it all figured out. Then when we grow chronologically, we realize how much we really didnt know. We act as if we are these mature creatures, playing dress up, talking and "playing" as adults, but only when we experience, only when we actually grow up, do we recognize how silly it really was to play pretend that way. Life is made up of experiences not timelines- "lies that life is black and white". You've got to laugh at it all. Maturity and the like, its all a matter of how much bullshit your willing to induce and regurgetate for the masses. Ahh.. let me not get ahead of myself though. I am the biggest advocator of fighting the man. the precise thing Bob warns us of. In the end we dont fight the man. We are at war with ourselves. Our needs versus the community's needs. I realize now. My generation becomes so frustrated when we see the older generations "giving up" we only see their defeat, and vow ourselves not to make the same mistake. It may, in reality, have always been that they have learned to accept what life has given, not as defeated, but as finally taking on the responsibility, taking their rightful place in the steadfast, an edifice the youth continually challenges. What we dont recognize is the vitality of what that represents.

No comments: